Coca-Cola Beverages ’s Model Village Dedication Programme at Tamil Nadu
In line with its objective of enabling integrated development of communities as part of its Model Village Programme, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd today dedicated two villages of Tamil Nadu – Nemam and Andersonpet, as ‘Model Villages' by undertaking a comprehensive development. Christina Ruggiero, Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages (HCCB) Pvt. Ltd, along with other local dignitaries were present to celebrate the impactful transition of the model villages. Multiple initiatives relating to drinking water, health, education, sanitation, livelihood, agriculture, and sustainable environment have benefited 337 households in the two villages.
Speaking on the occasion, Christina Ruggiero, Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages (HCCB) Pvt. Ltd, said, "Our Model Village Programme is a key part of HCCB’s overall commitment to the integrated development of neighbouring communities. We started several developmental interventions in Nemam and Andersonpet and are very pleased to see the progress in these villages and the impact it has had on local communities”.
Sh Dr S. S. Kumar, Project Director, District Rural Development Agency, Thiruvallur District said “Every time I visit Nemam and Andersonpet, I am amazed to see how these two villages have progressed. We are very thankful to Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages for the encouragement and support that they have given to these villagers. I urge each and every member of Nemam and Andersonpet to take care of their village and set examples to all the neighbouring villages.”
A host of dignitaries, government officials, and HCCB representatives were present on the occasion. Prominent among them were Christina Ruggiero, Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages (HCCB) Pvt. Ltd, Sh Dr Jagan Moorthy, Ex MLA, Sh S. S. Kumar, Project Director, District Rural Development Agency, Thiruvallur District, Sh Dr T. Rajendhiran, Chief Educational Officer, Thiruvallur District, Sh Dr J. Prabakaran, Deputy Director – Public Health, Poonamallee, among others.
Major Interventions by HCCB in the two Villages
· Drinking water, Health, Education, Sanitation, Livelihood, Agriculture and Sustainable Environment benefitting 337 households.
· Two Bore wells commissioned at Nemam village, mitigating drinking water challenge.
· Supported PHC with ECG machine and refurbished Ambulance to enable villagers access to better health facilities.
· Reconstruction of School buildings at Nemam and Andersonpet, providing the students with Uniforms, School kits, upgrading the school to Smart Class. School attendance has now increased to 100%.
· Supporting Youth through computer classes and SHG women with Tailoring Machines, training to farmers on good Agricultural practices.
· 100 household sanitation blocks were constructed, making them “Open Defecation Free”
· Several programmes have been implemented to support livelihood of the village women by extending PRAGATHI training to 246 women participants.